The Fabric Scoop is a performance saddle aimed at the road-racing crowd. We tested the flat, carbon rail version of this saddle that is often listed as the Fabric Scoop Pro by retailers. It is the winner of our Top Pick Award for Road Saddles and features a flat profile with minimal, yet appropriately placed padding, and a flexible shell make it comfortable enough for all-day rides, without sacrificing performance. At 181 grams, this is the lightest saddle we have tested, so it is sure to please those who are counting grams.
If you are familiar with saddle brands like Fizik, then the Fabric product line can be a bit confusing. The Scoop line of saddles is offered in three different profiles; Flat, Shallow and Radius. These profiles refer to the shape of the saddle. Each profile is then offered in 4 different material configurations; cromo, titanium, carbon and ultimate.Profile summary:
- Flat: Flat profile from nose to tail, minimal padding and a narrow nose, for riders who like a low aggressive position on the bike.
- Shallow: Slight rise in the rear of the saddle, more padding than the Flat, for riders searching for a higher level of comfort who want to maintain performance.
- Radius: Rounder profile with a slightly more dramatic rise in the rear than the Shallow, most padding of the three profiles, for riders who prefer a more upright position and value comfort over other factors.
Materials summary:Price goes up and weight goes down as you progress through the options from the top to the bottom of the list.
- Cromo: Most affordable, cromo steel rails and a nylon base.
- Titanium: Titanium rails with a nylon base.
- Carbon: Carbon Rails with a nylon base.
- Ultimate: Carbon Rails with a carbon base.